Cd/dvd won't work

Closed
Niki - May 3, 2009 at 02:50 PM
 tom - Jul 22, 2010 at 11:34 AM
Hello,

I have an Acer Aspire 5570 Vista....my cd/dvd player won't work..it just spins, then stops and does not read any of the disks. I went into Device Manager then to my cd/dvd drive and showed an exclamation...it stated the driver was either corrupted or missing...
What can I do? I looked for a driver to reinstall but can't fine anything...pls help!!!
Related:

5 responses

Proppa Doc Posts 1 Registration date Friday November 6, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 7, 2009 2
Nov 7, 2009 at 10:53 AM
My DVDRRW is not reading DVD's but will burn audio disc. When I setup my Nero burning software to burn, it lets me get all the info and when I click the burn or simulation, a small window pops up and says please insert a blank disc or sometimes it might say disc not ready. I updated my software and I also put the burner in a new computer tower and it's doing or saying the same thing. Can anyone help me.

P.S. I ordered a new DVD BURNER but it has different connection than from my pc. My motherboard does not have the connection input so I could buy the sata data cables.
joeman169 Posts 23 Registration date Saturday May 2, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 3, 2009 10
May 3, 2009 at 04:47 PM
download and install the driver from the acer website, easy, done
i already went to the acer website and found drivers but not for the dvd...is there something specific I need to look for?
guys this is a problem I ahd some months ago. It was resolved by some help article on windows tech discussion. I had to manually do some setings in the registry.I printed all steps of manual procedure and did it step-by -step. they do offer to downlaod a small program whihc tries to set it right but it did not work on my computer
Check in online window solution. I have same problem now as of today and will be finding it again . I
my dvd and cdrom wont work help tom

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
joeman169 Posts 23 Registration date Saturday May 2, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 3, 2009 10
May 3, 2009 at 05:14 PM
hmmm... i see that, that means windows should have the driver automatically..... your drive might be junk now...
but download the chipset, audo, bios drivers and try them, and see if windows will install it automatically if you go to it in device manager and tell it to. If not, id say the drive itself is shot. You may need to get a new one, they range in difficulty to install, depends on the type, i havent played with one of those