Can't remember my yahoo password

Closed
Lola - Sep 26, 2016 at 07:59 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Sep 27, 2016 at 04:48 AM
Hello,

I tried using the "Sign-in Helper", went pass through the recovery email address. But how do I change the password for my "real" yahoo mail, not the recovery email?

Appreciate help from anybody, please.

Thanks,
J
Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Sep 26, 2016 at 08:15 PM
You can NOT change your RECOVERY email address from your PRIMARY account! The recovery account is there in case you forget your PRIMARY account information. If you are trying to recover your RECOVERY account, then LOG into your RECOVERY account and change its password!

Get it?

Who is on first?
Thanks for the reply, ac3mark.

Sorry if I did not make it clear. Through the Sign-In Helper, I was finally able to get into my primary account. My problem now is I cannot change the password. The only option I see from within the account is to click on "Change My Password" and it asks for the "old" password which I can not remember at all.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,167
Sep 27, 2016 at 04:48 AM
Hello
When you created the account did you register an alternate email address or phone number to which you have accessed?

or

When you created the account, did you register a secret question which you remember?