DELL LAPTOP NOT BOOTING GIVING 3 BEEP CODE HELP URGENTLY N

Closed
TRUTH777 Posts 1 Registration date Friday January 6, 2017 Status Member Last seen January 6, 2017 - Jan 6, 2017 at 08:30 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jan 6, 2017 at 07:02 PM
MY Dell inspiron 15r laptop was working fine.I shut it dwn and the next day when I switched it on it did not start. It gave a 3 beep code and on checking the manual i found it to be A POSIIBLE CHIPSET /OTHER FAILURE. IT was not for sure that it is a chipset failure.
It happened before once but after some attempts it worked fine. This time it is not getting alright and booting.
I am unable to run the diagnostics but the harddrive is working because i hear the booting sound and the quickset leds and buttons alternatively light up which is normal .also i ma able to open the optical drive dvd tray by pressing the button and closing the tray. but there is no display or booting i do not see the windows logo or even the option to run diagnostic by pressing f10/f11/f12.

KINDLY LET ME KNOW
what is the problem?
is it possible to recover the data in teh hard disk?
how can i sort the problem. there is no authorised dell center where i stay
cana nything be done by myself to find out the exact problem without going out of city to find a dell center
i do not wish to send the laptop by sourier as it is already very fragile and it is not avisable for me to send it outside the city and i have no time to go out of the city right now but I NEED TO GET MY LAPTOP WIORKING BECAUSE I HAVE NO BACKUP AND NEED THE DATAIN MY SYSTEM FOR MY PROJECTS AND EXAMS
THANKS FOR THE HELP AND ADVICES
replya s soob as possible
Ruth
Related:

1 response

RUTH, THANK YOU FOR YELLING AT US!

It sounds like it is a chip failure! If you were to get another laptop, it is possible to take that failed laptops HDD out, and place it behind the good laptop! You will need a device such as this: http://www.coolmaxusa.com/productDetails.asp?item=CD-350-COMBO&details=overview&subcategory=converter&category=converter

Boot your good laptop up, login, make a connection to your other HDD (after taking it out), and turn that disk on. It will spin up drivers and viola, you will have access to your data. Never allow auto run to run anything from that disk, or issues may arise!. If you see an autorun box come up after turning on the disk, you had better not allow it!

Data recovery guys are gonna hate me for this! The adapter is about $30.00 US

Have fun!
It's kind of fun to do the impossible! -Walter Elias Disney