No Display on my HP

Closed
Isaac - Feb 14, 2017 at 06:23 PM
Darkw1sh Posts 6 Registration date Tuesday February 14, 2017 Status Member Last seen February 17, 2017 - Feb 17, 2017 at 02:50 PM
Hello, I have the same situation with the same kind of laptop except, i connected an external display via VGA and also HDMI and there is absolutely no display coming out of either one of those ports. Also, i noticed that my screen is not completely dark or off. Whenever I turn the computer on, the backlight comes on but I still get a blank or black display. I can hear the windows welcome tone when the computer starts and I can hear tones when I press different keys on the keyboard. To me the computer is booting up but no display is showing. What could be wrong with this laptop?

Related:

1 response

Darkw1sh Posts 6 Registration date Tuesday February 14, 2017 Status Member Last seen February 17, 2017
Feb 14, 2017 at 06:55 PM
When the computer is turning on or has turned on and you have an external display plugged into the computer ensure that the correct source is selected on the display. Next press the function key associated with switching monitors, for me it's FN+F4 but it could be different for you. Best of luck.
I have tried the F4 button which in fact is the button you are talking about on my system, but this does not make a change. I have also ensured that I am on the correct input on the external monitor.
Darkw1sh Posts 6 Registration date Tuesday February 14, 2017 Status Member Last seen February 17, 2017 > Isaac
Feb 17, 2017 at 02:50 PM
You could try to go to a person that repairs at the component level, probably some caps that burnt out, but that is not cheap. Best suggestion pull the drive out of the laptop, and back up what you need off of it using either an external enclosure or another computer.
Darkw1sh Posts 6 Registration date Tuesday February 14, 2017 Status Member Last seen February 17, 2017
Feb 17, 2017 at 02:40 PM
Sounds like the graphics chip on your laptop took a poopie.