How can i install sound card driver ?

Closed
Michael4life Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday February 22, 2017 Status Member Last seen February 23, 2017 - Feb 22, 2017 at 10:51 AM
 Blocked Profile - Feb 24, 2017 at 05:01 PM
so i have a windows xp computer, service pack 3, lenovo thinkcenter, i got directx 9 and i have a sound card inside my central unit, inside my computer, so a guy who fixes computer installed a software called Realtek, it's for the audio card you know, anyway, i was cleaning my computer from some junk i downloaded and i accidently deleted realtek and so there's no sound, i tried to install it again but i don't exactly how and i finally installed realtek ac'97 but it still nothing, no sound and i tried VIA AC 97 and nothing, i was going to try soundmax and i couldn't install it for unknown reason, so i need help please i want my sound back i can't play gta san andreas and other games, i can't watch my movies, i can't do anything without sound
Related:

1 response

I would take it back to YOUR Guy and tell him to fix it.
We can assume that it worked prior to the cleaning?

So, what brand of audio card is it?
It's kind of fun to do the impossible! -Walter Elias Disney
Michael4life Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday February 22, 2017 Status Member Last seen February 23, 2017
Feb 23, 2017 at 05:48 AM
i don't wanna go back to the guy because he will ask for money
so anyway, i have AC'97 i guess, Here's the hardware id : ms_mmacm
Blocked Profile
Feb 24, 2017 at 05:01 PM
Well, Is it still XP OS? Does your sound card have an XP driver? I am confused by the comment of I got directX, does that mean you made a change, and it didn't work, or it was working, and you erased the driver (which shouldn't be possible if it was installed correctly in the first place)..I am confused on who is on first, and what is on second?