Going on-line without antivirus

Closed
no protection - May 16, 2009 at 11:49 AM
yuyuman Posts 9 Registration date Sunday February 24, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 1, 2009 - May 17, 2009 at 08:56 AM
Hello,
My free trial period for Norton antivirus has run out and I have no antivirus! How do I go on-line to download a free one or even buy one without running a risk of getting a virus at the same time? the same day it ran out I downloaded avast! and then when I re-started my computer it didnt work normally. I couldn´t even access windows live hotmail. So then I de-installed it and apparently all was normal. The next day however I couldn´t even start my computer as my user profile wouldn´t be accepted. I had to do a system recovery! Could this be a virus? As you can imagine I´m nervous of going on-line and having more problems.
I have a fujitsu siemens laptop with 2G. of RAM working in windows vista.
Thanks for any help.....
Related:

1 response

yuyuman Posts 9 Registration date Sunday February 24, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 1, 2009 2
May 17, 2009 at 08:56 AM
hye there. this is quite not recommended to use the net without an anti virus! you just have to download another one!! and dont forget to scan your system