Hey guys, I'm the lattest rookie.

Closed
Foxalot Posts 4 Registration date Sunday May 24, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 25, 2009 - May 24, 2009 at 08:42 PM
Foxalot Posts 4 Registration date Sunday May 24, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 25, 2009 - May 25, 2009 at 01:24 PM
Hello,
I stumbled upon this newsgroup and I'm wondering if anyone would council me on the "Realities of computers and the internet"? "The Deep seeketh the Deep". I have Vista home premium 6.0. IE 8, and Firefox 3.5Beta.
I'm having problems finding music sites that I can either listen to or download songs. I have 56k at 49kbs.
For example, the Punk/alternative band "Relient K" song: "I must have did something right", well, I have found one place that I can listen to it and thats if I can get it to load while on the page. Sometimes it loads and plays and sometimes it doesn t. Its MSN.com/videos I think. I guess its streaming when it plays and has this loud echo in the background. It is better than nothing but it takes 30 minutes to get it going sometimes. I tried yahoo music and it cost and aol and another problem, and even myspace. I used to have a pretty good myspace website with over 400 members and myspace or a hacker messed up my account and now I can't access it without sending staff a photo of myself with info on a piece of cardboard. Hassle. Anyhow, at this point I just want to listen to acouple of songs on the internet without going to utube. Thanks for listening.

1 response

Highway72 Posts 233 Registration date Thursday April 2, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 16, 2009 11
May 25, 2009 at 05:57 AM
Google "Web radio" theres literally millions of free to stream web radio sites with all manner of songs to listen to.
Foxalot Posts 4 Registration date Sunday May 24, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 25, 2009
May 25, 2009 at 01:24 PM
Thanks alot Mr. Highway(alot). Do you have any web radio stations that work well for yourself? One problem I'm having is, while playing a song or video (Youtube or MSN.com/videos), it will cut out every few seconds of stream. Its a real hassle thats driving me nuts. I've tried different settings on the browser and even tried two different web browsers. My bps is 49bps. Thanks again.