My HP laptop won’t let me do anything

Closed
jjskowron Posts 1 Registration date Thursday December 7, 2017 Status Member Last seen December 7, 2017 - Dec 7, 2017 at 09:27 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Dec 8, 2017 at 05:36 AM
Hello,
I got a new laptop in August for my birthday. It’s not cheap by my technological standards. It is an HP laptop. I am assuming I have some sort of virus, because nothing on my computer works at all. The mouse functions without laggyness and I can type in my pass just fine, but Every time I click on google or a different application, nothing opens and my mouse is stuck on the blue circle until I shut down my computer. It would be an easy solution to just factory reset, but I don’t know a way to force that and my settings won’t work due to the inability to open anything. I tried doing f8 with the startup, but nothing happened. I tried all the basic things I found, (except for deleting system 32, haha) but nothing made it budge. I really want to fix this so I can continue to do work on my laptop, and I am completely fine with an entire factory reset as nothing important other than my time has gone into it.

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Dec 8, 2017 at 05:36 AM
Hello

When was your birthday?

When did the problem occur?

What is the operating system?