SORTING ORGANIZING FAVORITES/BOOKMARKS IN CHROME

Closed
CFitz Posts 2 Registration date Sunday July 5, 2020 Status Member Last seen July 30, 2020 - Updated on Jul 5, 2020 at 03:05 PM
David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   - Jul 6, 2020 at 03:13 AM
Hello,

At Chrome://bookmarks, lower left-hand corner shows that my browser is managed by my organization.

I don't belong to an organization. This is my desktop at home. It's not for work.

How do I become the organization? Is the organization the same as the Administrator?
If I need to reinstall:
1. Will I lose my 100+ bookmarks
2. Will need link or detailed guidance on how to do either or both

Thanks, very much.
Sign me,
The Wannabe Computer Geek
Related:

1 response

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,926
Updated on Jul 6, 2020 at 03:15 AM
Hello, if you do use Google Chrome at work, and you are signed in with the same Gmail account both at home and at work, this would explain why you are seeing the managed by organisation.

If you click on the managed by organisation you will see what is being organised.

On occasion seeing the "managed by organisation" - if you don't belong to an organisation can suggest the presence of malware...This article from PC Risk goes into detail on how to remove it.

Alternatively, have a look at this from the Google Support Centre.

Some users have found these steps work to remove the Google Chrome's remote access:

Control Panel > Systems and Security > System > Allow remote access .. then check out the option of allowing remote access

Also, don't bother uninstalling and reinstalling - other users have said that the settings are still the same afterwards...

Regards

David Webb

Content Editor and Community Manager - CCM.net