Like all web browsers, Google Chrome allows you to create bookmarks with your favorite or most visited webpages. Chrome gives you the option to take this feature one step further and allows you to sort these bookmarks in various ways, one of which being alphabetically.
How to alphabetize bookmarks in Chrome on your computer?
- Start by opening your web browser.
- Then, click on More (three vertical dots) > Bookmarks > Bookmark Manager.
- Select More again > Sort by name, and it's done.
How to rearrange bookmarks in Chrome on your Android or iPhone/iPad?
- Open the Chrome app on your mobile device and tap More (three vertical dots) > Bookmarks.
- Then, simply touch, hold, and drag the bookmarks up and down how you want.
How to put your bookmarks in folders in Chrome?
You can also sort your bookmarks by folders if you want to. To do so:
On your computer:
- Open Chrome and click More > Bookmark > Bookmark Manager.
- At the top right, select More again > Add new folder.
- Give it a name and drag bookmarks into a folder on the left.
- Open the Chrome app and tap More > Bookmarks.
- Tap the bookmark you want to add to a new folder and tap More > Move > Create a new folder.
- Give it a name, and it's all good.
To move your bookmark to a different folder, tap on your bookmark, select More > Move. Then, select the folder you'd like your bookmark to move to.
- Open Chrome and tap More > Bookmarks > Select a folder > New folder.
- To move your bookmarks between folders, touch and hold a bookmark > Select Edit Bookmark > Choose Folder and tap the folder where you want to move your bookmark.
How to sort Google Chrome bookmarks by date?
It isn't possible to sort Chrome bookmarks specifically by date using the same procedure as sorting by name. Chrome, surprisingly doesn't have this feature. Instead, you can download an extension such as Recent Bookmarks by Zamtools that organizes Chrome bookmarks in descending order, with the most recently added one near the top. Another extension is Bookmarks by date by Team Aardvark, which, unsurprisingly, allows you to organize your bookmarks by date.