Hp pavilion dv9000 w/ vista i want xp

Closed
juang - Jun 22, 2009 at 04:00 PM
 mk - Oct 15, 2009 at 11:57 AM
Hello,

i have a notebook hp pavilion dv9000 that came with vista in it, i have a original copy of xp home, can somebody please advise me on what to do. this is what i've done so far

i partition my hard drive and when i booted form the xp cd all the thins loaded and when it came to the menu of wheather i want to:
install, repair or exit. i click install and it tells me that it cannot be install because it does not find kind of hard drive or something like that.

i'm i doing something wrong? can this be fix? thanks for any kind of help
Related:

5 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jun 22, 2009 at 04:27 PM
I advise you to not install XP. You will not be able to find all the drivers you need. I would wait until Windows 7 is released and install it.
JUANG Posts 2 Registration date Sunday June 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 22, 2009
Jun 22, 2009 at 04:53 PM
hey thanks!

the thing is, that all i do in the notebook is listen to music, search the internet, watch a movie every now and then and primary Autocad if this things can work and i'm all set, if not is ok i'll still do it so i can work with autocad

thanks again and i apreacite if you can help me on how to do it
cfghfghgfhfghfghfghfhghfhfh
go here http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?tmp_renderType=findModel&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&os=228&docname=c00033108 and tell me the model number of ur laptop (in the image of the site is dv9095xx) and i'll tell u later.i want to know this to check if there are xp drivers and if ur hard disk is sata.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
hmmmmm,forget my previous message.just go here https://lancelhoff.com/how-to-install-windows-xp-on-a-dv9000-laptop/ and follow the instructions.they are simple and there are images to help you.if u find it difficult,there is another way,more simple but u will not have the advantages of the sata (perfomance and speed of ur hard disk,not a big deal for a simple user).just enter bios and disable sata nattive support and and windows will find hard disk at setup.if u choose this option u need to follow at least the instructions until the creation of the cd