I’m stuck at 96% with WhatsApp chat transfer [MOVE TO IOS]

Lorenzo - Jun 17, 2023 at 06:58 AM
ravida_1351 Posts 57 Registration date Thursday March 23, 2023 Status Member Last seen July 2, 2023 - Jul 2, 2023 at 06:38 AM

Hello everyone, I tried to transfer my whatsapp data from HUAWEI to IPHONE but without getting results!

Chat preparation freezes at 96% and then gives me an unknown error.

What can I do to fix it? I’ve already tried deleting photos and videos from my Android but it didn’t work.

Thanks in advance to everyone!

Macintosh / Safari 16.3

Related:

1 response

ravida_1351 Posts 57 Registration date Thursday March 23, 2023 Status Member Last seen July 2, 2023 3
Jul 2, 2023 at 06:38 AM

Unfortunately it appears you're experiencing difficulty when moving WhatsApp chats between Huawei and iPhone devices. When your chat preparation freezes at 96% and produces an unknown error it can be extremely distressful and time consuming - though your attempts at clearing off photos/videos didn't solve anything either!

Here are a few steps you can try to solve the issue:

Make sure both devices have the latest versions of WhatsApp installed, restart both to refresh them, and check that both have enough storage available for chat transfer purposes.
Assure both devices have stable internet connections. When possible, disable any battery- and data-saving modes as these could interfere with the transfer process. When possible connect both devices directly to an established Wi-Fi network instead of mobile data for smooth transfer process.