Adobe Acrobat Documents upload on desktop

Closed
Penny - Aug 19, 2009 at 11:20 AM
 pennygrant - Aug 21, 2009 at 01:19 PM
Hello,
I have been working with Malwarebytes who discovered 5 malware yesterday. However, I still have the same problem. Four days ago, I downloaded a zip file from jefflevy.com (a computer guru) on his tutorials for XP. I unzipped from my desktop. Since then, whenever I reboot my computer, any space open on the desktop, gets filled with these PDF files. I have tried to delete these but they still pop up. TrendMicro (my anti-virus) detects nothing. How can I stop this madness? It has also affected my iTunes Library---no audiobooks or songs showing.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Related:

1 response

sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
Aug 20, 2009 at 06:04 PM
before you try this back up any data/docs that you want to keep.

right click on my computer, select properties.
select the system restore tab
tick the box 'turn off system restore on all drives.'
shutdown and reboot your system.

next delete those files on your desktop that you don't want.
empty your dustbin (the one on your desktop, not the one in your kitchen ... lol

shut down and reboot again.

go to this link
https://free.kaspersky.com/endoflife

after your system has been scanned, shut down and reboot. check to see if those pesky files have returned.

if they haven't then all well and good, you can reactivate system restore, by unticking the box that you ticked before.

if the files hve reappeared then you may have something more sinister on your machine.
Problem Solved!!!!!! I came downstairs this morning determined to solve this PDF problem. Since I knew I had no viruses, I went to SEARCH/Desktop and did a search. Over 100 PDF files showed up. I deleted them all and rebooted. I was crossing my fingers and sure enough, no new files. I have rebooted twice and no more problem.

I wrote the webmaster this morning and he said he should of made the zip file a FOLDER!! He got in touch with the computer guru who offered to call me and walk me through the steps!! Very nice of them but too late.

I want to thank you so much. Your forum is wonderful!!