Booting hp

Closed
Anonymous User - Aug 29, 2009 at 07:01 AM
ss_anan Posts 2 Registration date Friday August 28, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 29, 2009 - Oct 29, 2009 at 05:59 AM
Hello,
when trying to boot my computer I get two beeps an they beep over an over until I cut the computer back off. I get there is no signal to the monitor an it is going to sleep. My computer is a HP desk top windows xp Professional version 2002 service pk 3
Related:

2 responses

ss_anan Posts 2 Registration date Friday August 28, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 29, 2009
Aug 29, 2009 at 07:56 AM
hi hdl5747,

im not an it expert or anything, but all i've had is experience..so....lets see. the beeps you hear during boot up are the initializing of your hardwares in your system (powering up)..when there is that extensive irritating beeping, it means that one or more of your devices did not power up sucessfully, therefore making it impossible for your pc to continue booting up. this is because your hardware resources were unavailable(due to the hardware devices being power down).so fixing it is no difficult task. you dont need to take it to a service centre or anything. all you need is a test pen(or any suitable screwdriver). power down your system and unplug it(to avoid you being electrocuted). then open up your pc side cover. usually, just two screws at the back panel on the right edge. slide open the cover. Now...BEFORE TOUCHING ANY PARTS INSIDE, PLS DISCHARGE YOURSELF OF ANY CHARGE YOU MAY BE CARRYING(GROUNDING YOURSELF), BY PLACING BOTH YOUR HANDS PALM DOWN ONTO ANY PART OF YOUR PC CASING(this step to avoid any accidental damage to any ESD[electrostatic sensitive devices] inside). now you are free to fondle the insides of your pc. primarily...look for your rams...then your graphic card. give them a nice steady push into their respective sockets. also check for any loose cables and reconnect them properly. once you are done, plug in your pc and restart. do not cover up your pc cover immediately in case it doesnt work the first time and you do it over again. if just giving it a nice push doesnt work, unplug the ram, graphic card, sound card, lan card, and fit them back in(whichever neccessary, and all of them if you are not sure)...you may want to dust them off if they are dusty...also i would recommend cleaning dust and dirt from the fans as well....give it another restart. it should power up and boot normally. once it boots up, windows might say that it has just recovered from a fatal error. i guess it just has. no problem. you can just ignore the notification, shut it down, unplug it, replace the cover and continue using by restarting it. there should be no error reporting this time. as of my experience, this is just a minor hardware problem and you should have no problem DIY. hope it helps. cheers.
ss_anan Posts 2 Registration date Friday August 28, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 29, 2009
Oct 29, 2009 at 05:59 AM
So...did it work?