Accidentally removed CD/DVD drive

Closed
Htmlgirl Posts 12 Registration date Thursday February 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen August 1, 2008 - Jul 22, 2008 at 07:11 AM
 rsrocks - Apr 15, 2009 at 11:31 AM
Hello,

How do I get my CD/DVD back to work? While using "safely remove Hardware", I accidentally clicked on "CD/DVD" and now I can't use it.

The drive won't open by pressing the button on the side of my computer and if I try to "trick" it into opening by "burning" a CD, the screen displays "please connect burner".

I use Windows XP, latest IE version
Related:

5 responses

god09 Posts 6 Registration date Thursday February 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 22, 2009 3
Jul 22, 2008 at 08:04 AM
Hello

Go into device manager and find your cd/dvd drives, right click on them if they show up, then remove them. Close device manager and restart your computer. Windows should detect new hardware when you restart. and it should find the cd drive
It didn't work for me. I got a mesage saying, DVD driver was not successfully installed, please consult with your device manufacturer for assistance getting this device installed :(
can I down load a lightscribe 16xdouble layer driver thank you raymond campis
can I download a freedriver
percy8 Posts 125 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 5, 2009 47
Jul 25, 2008 at 05:24 AM
hi Htmlgirl,just follow the instruction above given by god 09 and it will work definitely,,,,;-)

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
(1) Shut down pc
(2) Try to remove the battery, wait a few seconds and then re-insert your battery.
(3) Now start ur pc. Should detect your dvddrive.