Extracting data from 2 or more excel columns

Closed
Krpookie1 - Oct 27, 2009 at 09:57 AM
Nancy02 Posts 1 Registration date Friday November 20, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 21, 2009 - Nov 21, 2009 at 08:29 AM
Hello,
I've got a spreadsheet that looks a bit like this (only with loads more data on it):

GENDER LANGUAGE LEVEL

Male Urdu 3
Female English 1
Male English 3
Male Polish 2
Female English 1

I want to be able to create a fomula that will sort out for example how many males got a level 1. I'd really like to then be able to take it a step further and fing out How many males got a level 1 and speak englisg for example.
Can this be done - I've looked on loads of websites for anwers but they all seema bit technical for me. i assume you would highlight teach column and assign it a value/formula but have no clue how.

Any help would be grately appreciated :-)
Related:

2 responses

Hi Krpookie,

Just use autofilter (Data>Filter>Autofilter).

From the dropdown lists on top of the columns select each criteria. This way you can find out how many level 1 males speak english as well as any other combination.

Best regards,
Trowa
Nancy02 Posts 1 Registration date Friday November 20, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 21, 2009
Nov 21, 2009 at 08:29 AM
Hello,
How are you today?
well My Name is Nancy Kassala, i saw your profile here and it was so good to me, so i decided to be a friend to you first, please i will like you to write me hear in my e-mail address(nancy_kassala@yahoo.com) so that i will give you my picture and tell you more about me,

From Nancy