Remote desktop XP Media to Vista Business

Closed
visionsk - Nov 2, 2009 at 03:47 PM
dawooddoe Posts 404 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2010 - Nov 4, 2009 at 08:45 AM
Hello,

I need to use my workstation at work from my laptop.
My workstation has Vista Business O/S and my laptop runs XP Media Center O/S.
I think that my workstation has been set properly to allow Remote Desktop connetions from any version of O\S.
However, I cannot connect to it from my laptop.

Can anybody help me figure out how to solve this problem?

-SK
Related:

2 responses

dawooddoe Posts 404 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2010 109
Nov 3, 2009 at 10:06 AM
You should test remote desktop access from other computer at work place, so that can ensure it works. Here is enabling remote desktop in Windows Vista article for your reference.

If it works well, but still fails to access from home laptop, then I think you forgot to set port forwarding on office router, think this remote desktop connection from Internet article can help you.
dawooddoe,

Thank you for the information.
Now, I can access to my workstation from another computer at work using Remote Desktop Connection.
However, I cannot still connect to my workstation from home.
I don't have any router at work.
I think that my workstation is connected to LAN.
Do I need a permission from the LAN administrator to use Remote Desktop from home?
dawooddoe Posts 404 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2010 109
Nov 4, 2009 at 08:45 AM
There must be a router at work in order to form a LAN.. Check with your LAN admin about your problem, check the possibility to enable port forwarding on router, so that you can connect from home.