Help! Computer Down!

Closed
Jwag - Aug 18, 2008 at 03:55 PM
 computer engineer - Aug 19, 2008 at 03:54 AM
I recently downloaded something and apprently there was a virus. I have an HP Pavilion with Windows XP Media Center. After investigating the situation my cousin thought it would be best to reformat the computer. So we did that. The computer boots up with a blue screen but it's not the normal HP Logo screen. It looks like a bunch of explantion points. We have the computer running normally now except everytime we try to install the video card driver it causes the moniter to sleep and we have to boot up in safe mode and disable it. HP send me a set of recovery disc but for some reason the computer does not read them. I get to a screen that says something about this PC does not support something (I forgot to mention the letters on the screen are all mixed up so I have to guess and try to make out what it says). If anyone has any idea on what I can do to fix my problem PLEASE help me. I don't have the money to take it a computer store. Thanks!

1 response

computer engineer
Aug 19, 2008 at 03:54 AM
i would like to help you, but first i want to know if you tried to install the graphics adapter from the safe mode or not?
and have you tried to restore your system?

my regards