I had this same problem and thanks to anhtrung it was fixed easily. My icons and taskbar would disappear for about 10 seconds and then reappear for about 10 seconds over and over and over. Windows Explorer would disappear if it was open but other programs would stay open if I was quick enough to get them all the way open before the icons flashed again. Taskmanager was the only thing that worked and if I stopped explorer.exe and restarted it the flashing would begin again. Heres the instructions again.
Thank you anhtrung
1. Ctrl + Alt + Del to bring up Task Manager.
2. Click "New Task..." then click "Browse..."
3. Click My Computer on the left panel. Click C:\ - WINDOWS.
4. Navigate to explorer.exe, right click and copy explorer. Rename it to explorer1 (.exe)
5. Hit Cancel to go back to Create New Task window. Type regedit.exe and click OK.
6. In the registry editor, navigate to the following Key.
With the Winlogon key selected, look in the right side window for the
Double click Shell. In the Value Data box, you should see Explorer.exe. Change it to
explorer1.exe and click OK.
Exit the registry editor and reboot the computer.