Conditional Formatting in Excel

Closed
ndev2k - Jan 25, 2010 at 12:10 AM
 Trowa - Jan 26, 2010 at 08:24 AM
Hello,

I am trying to incorporate a little checker into my spreadsheet.

I basically have a table of numbers and I would like them to be coloured green if they match any of the numbers in the row of B23 - G23.

This would be easy if I could have more than 3 rules but this isn't the case.

I need a formula that will do this. I have been trying many different OR statements but keep getting errors or the whole sheet gets coloured in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 responses

Hi ndev2k,

I would create a column where I would put nested IF formula's to determine if the numbers match the numbers in row B23:G23.
Then use the result from the nested IF's as a condition for your conditional formatting.

Hope this will make sense.

Best regards,
Trowa
I am not sure that would work. Basically the table is our list of lottery numbers we use in a syndicate and I wanted to put in this weeks results into cells b23-g23 and have the background colour change on the numbers that matched therefore making it a lot easier to see if we had won.

I can do it in Excel 2007 which allows for multiple conditions but I only have excel 2003 in work and this will require some sort of formula to check the conditions.

I can include a link to the table if you want to see it.
Rearrange the table of contents into a single column for my solution to work.

I know it's not ideal, but I don't know how to write a VB code like "for each cell in range ..."

So if you want to use my solution with nested IF's but can't get it to work, show me your sheet. Post your link or use https://authentification.site to upload your file (remember not to use any personal information).

If you would like to use a VB code, I can't help you any further.

Let me know what it will be?

Best regards,
Trowa