Auto logoff

Closed
sandy317 Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday February 10, 2010 Status Member Last seen February 12, 2010 - Feb 12, 2010 at 01:19 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Feb 12, 2010 at 09:40 PM
Hello,
Have tried changing in the registry with regedit linux when I saw userinit was not there. Used the XP disc to add it in,got the message to say file copied but still would not work. Now when I try to run the regedit linux from cd, it does not fully load so I cannot see exactly what the registry has changed to. Please help. There are all these suggestion about taking the hardrive out and putting it in a working pc. Wont the problem still be there though? Please help. I have heaps of photos of kids, grandkids etc that are too valuable for me to completely format.
Help, this has been like this for over a week now!
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 12, 2010 at 09:40 PM
Moving the hard drive to a working computer bypasses the problem in Windows. You boot from the good hard drive and use that copy of Windows to read the data on the problem hard drive.

If you try to add this removed hard drive to the working computer's internal cables you might have problems without resetting the jumpers. (IDE drives sharing a cable must have one drive as Master and one a Slave)

You can get around this by purchasing a USB adapter that converts the drive to an external USB drive. There are permanent adapters with a case and power supply and temporary adapters with just a cable and power supply.

Good Luck