Computer will not boot

Closed
computerkid - Sep 28, 2008 at 07:05 AM
brillser Posts 10 Registration date Thursday May 15, 2008 Status Member Last seen January 5, 2009 - Sep 28, 2008 at 04:04 PM
Hello,
I have a desktop running an AMD proecssor that curlent quick booting. The computer starts to boot, but the monitor goes black right after the window xp 64bit boot status screen. I have been abe to acess safe mode. I first thought that this was viral so decied to wipe my hard drive clean and completely reformatted the hard drive. I have re-installed windows, but the computer still seems to be doing this. I have even tried to swap or check memory settings but this does not seem to help.

The computer is a farily new build,around 6 months old, and this problem happend after AVG Anti-Virus caught a virus and destored it. Wiping and re-formatting the hard drive should have taken care of this.

Does anyone have any suggestions????
Related:

1 response

brillser Posts 10 Registration date Thursday May 15, 2008 Status Member Last seen January 5, 2009 3
Sep 28, 2008 at 04:04 PM
this error is frequent with amd processors but first can you tell me if the pc is new?