Macro for Comparing between excel files

Closed
DidiCn - Feb 25, 2010 at 07:37 AM
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 - Feb 25, 2010 at 08:37 AM
Hello,
I need your urgent assistance,

I have 2 excel sheets with the same format,
"Master sheet" listed in column A, I have the serial No. from 1to N which is the no. of rows in the table. And in Column B I have a part no. which is built on 10 digit format for example: 4751- 3252-00 which is the catalog No.
The other sheet "Changes sheet" contains list of changes that may reflect on my "Master sheet".
It also contains same 2 columns but with a lot of other information i.e. Catalog No. and not in the same order.
Now what I want to do is: to find from the "Changes sheet" If it is contain one or more catalog No. that are listed in the "Master sheet". If yes open in the "Changes sheet" a new column or highlight the found Catalog no. which is match to both sheets or any other simple solution that generate the new list matching between the two sheets

Your kind reply is most welcome
Didi
Related:

1 response

rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Feb 25, 2010 at 08:37 AM
Could you put a sample file at some shared site with some test data and what is your expectation as far as result goes. You can put it at https://authentification.site or some other such site.