Dell n hp

Closed
ecstacy - Mar 18, 2010 at 02:40 PM
 ecstacy - Mar 19, 2010 at 04:09 AM
Hello I am facing a strange problem.

I have an ITI wireless router(given in India by ISP MTNL). I got two laptops one HP dv3510nr and another Dell Vostro 1000.

Since past two days wen i try to connect to wireless through dell it either disconnects and reconnects frequently or when connected if I ping the router its not continous n sometimes get time out msgs.

Also when I connect to wireless my cpu usage shoots up and the dell laptop slows down.

Another thing is wen turn on wireless on dell the wireless on HP is affected and it either slows down or starts to disconnect and reconnect frequently.

I would like to add tat if the dell laptop is off or its wireless is off the internet runs smoothly on Hp.

I tried to connect my Dell laptop to router by USB and LAN wire but still the same problem. Infact its very difficult to get even the router page on Dell though it pings the router. Also I can ping the websites but they dont open on mozilla or IE7. But the pinging is also not continuous.

I have scanned dell with kapersky and no virus. I uninstalled it and now have Nod 32. also a process ekrn.exe also consumes lots of Cpu.

In case any more info is needed to resolve the issue kindly let me know.

I would again stress that internet is running smooth on HP its only wen dell is connected to router it creates prob.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Mar 18, 2010 at 04:27 PM
If you guys are talking about ERKN.exe using 100% CPU, or anything above 10%, constantly then you need to disable some things. If you're using the latest NOD32 (3.0) then you can do this.

Getting NOD32 to Calm down on CPU
1. Open up the NOD32 Window.
2. Press F5.
3. Find "Real-Time File System Protection"
4. Under "Scan On" uncheck:
i) File open
ii) File creation
iii) Diskette Access

That should make NOD32 calm the heck down with it's CPU load. I'm not sure if you guys are having this problem, but it surely worked for me. If this doesn't fix it then uncheck everything under "Scan On." I was in contact with ESET for about a month trying to figure out what was wrong. Unfortunately, they had no idea on how to fix this.

Good luck.
Hello. I tried as u said.. but there is still internet problems and connectivity problems with the wireless. Any other suggestions??