Graphics card causes system to trip off

Closed
raluxgaza - Oct 23, 2008 at 06:24 PM
 raluxgaza - Oct 24, 2008 at 10:32 AM
Hello,
Thanks guys for your helpful answers. My problem is kinda funny. New rig, hooked everything up and it powers, but when I install the graphics card, the system starts and trips off and yea no beep watsoever. But wen the graphics card is out everything runs smoothly. I don't have on board vga so can't hook up my display. Is this the motherboard incompactable with the graphics card or do I need more power or do I need to replace the graphics card. Currently I got 500watts PSU (I think its more than enough) I'm thinking of replacing the graphics card (XFX 8400GS). Motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 with Athlon 6000+ 3.0GHz, 2GB Ram. Please advice.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Oct 23, 2008 at 11:03 PM
The graphics card is a good place to start. You could also have a bad video card socket on the motherboard. Does the video card touch any motherboard parts that it could be shorting out to? Swapping out parts is the only way to tell.
Thx fella for the reply, and I think that could be it, because the video card actually touches the onboard graphics chip and that could be the issue. I'll swap video cards and let you know the outcome but it will take a couple days to do. Cheers once again.