Excel Copy Cells Based on Condition

Closed
Rookie - May 10, 2010 at 09:36 AM
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 - May 10, 2010 at 10:07 AM
I have an Excel file with a list of contacts on the first sheet. This sheet is labeled "Master List". In column B of the Master List sheet I am putting a letter that designates what type of contact the cell to the left of it is. For instance, if it is someone who can help with Landscaping then I put an "L" in column B, if it is someone who can help with plumbing then I put a "PL" in column B of the Master List sheet. I have created additional sheets in the file so that each type of contact has its own sheet. So along the bottom of the file you would see a Master List sheet, a Landscapers sheet, a Plumbers sheet, etc... Then as I code the contacts in column B of the Master Sheet I would like it to copy the data from Column A into the appropriate sheet based on the code I enter in column B. Is this possible?

1 response

rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
May 10, 2010 at 10:07 AM
But you can do same with use of filter. By that I mean, if you want to look for Plumbers (hopefully it is not Joe the plumber as he is not licensed one!!), just filter on that ? Am I missing some thing?