Driver issue - Unknown device

Solved/Closed
royce - Mar 31, 2008 at 08:49 AM
 colognae - Feb 8, 2010 at 10:13 PM
Hello,
I foramtted my IBM laptop, after that I lost the following dirvers, kindly help me

ethernet controller,multimedia audio,network controller, PCI modem, sm bus controller, vedeo controller ( VGA) and unkown device.

Royce

5 responses

I have an issue. I downgraded my Sony Vaio VGN-TZ37GN laptop but I could not fing the Ethernet controller driver and PCI bus driver and After installing my sound driver, its still not working.

What should I do? I need your help or give a link 2 any site that has the driver or a driver that can be compactible with the model of the laptop
I downgraded from vista to xp for me sony vaio VGN-TZ37GN. me sound ain't working.

I got the drivers and app. from;
https://www.sony-asia.com/electronics/support?site=hp_en_AP_i

Anyone
Hi there NIck. I am looking for a Driver for the pinnacle dc 10 capture cards
I cant find the driver, since the cards are no longer made.
Where can I find a driver for XP with service pack 2.
emma, I know how to fix it.

insert the downgrade xp disc

click start, my computer, right click ''RECOVERYDISC(E:)" choose explore

double click VAIO folder

double click XP_Downgr...

double click VGN-TZ

the sound and ethernet and others will be installed

is it recommended that this is done right after recovery

but I did it after installing the drivers and applications, and it seems fine.

good luck
lakamas > alex
Jul 30, 2008 at 05:25 AM
you saved me thanks
rafizan > alex
Nov 15, 2008 at 03:00 AM
thanks, it solved my prob too.
1. Click Start. Click Run. Type cmd and press OK.

2. Type “set DEVMGR_SHOW_DETAILS=1″ (without quotation marks) and press Enter.

3. Type “set DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1″ (without quotation marks) and Press Enter.

4. 1. Click Start. Click Run.Type “start devmgmt.msc” (without quotation marks) and click press Enter.

5. Click View. Click Show hidden devices.

6. Click “+” to expand Imaging devices, Unknown devices and USB devices.

7. Are there any USB devices and unknown devices (including grayed out devices)? If so, please right click it and click Uninstall.

Good Luck For You
just go 2 control panel and unistall the driver and again install the drivers and select in chipset for ethernet thats it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
slug of chimp
Mar 31, 2008 at 08:56 AM
Hi there, the easiest way to do this, if you are using XP, stick the XP disk in, boot from disk, follow the options untill you get to repair windows, simply do this and it will install all the drivers again.
if not, you can go to the IBM webstie www.ibm.com then go to drivers and software, type in the drivers you are missing, then download them, make you sure you download the correct model tho, that should work.
thanks,
Luke
xsss
hi.. tnx for the info!.. it simple but helps me a lot!

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
hello,i formatted my ibm laptop and I cannot find the drivers for network so kindly help me
ALL DRIVERS FOR IBM COMPUTERS ARE AT IBM.COM. GO TO DRIVERS AND DOWNLOOADS , KEY IN YOUR MACHINE NUMBER, IT WILL BE SOMTHING LIKE " 4567 BCB". ALL DOWNLOADS WILL BE SHOWN FOR YOUR MACHINE TYPE.