FOLLOW THESE STEPS, good Luck!!!
1.make sure your computer is conected to internet
2. Go to Control panel and lick Sound, speech and audio devices
3. Click on Click on Hardware
4. Click audio codec
5. Go to trouble shooting and keep selecting option: (1) "NO....SOUND" until you see DEVICE MANAGER (usually in read fonts)
6. Double click Device manager and scroll the devices until you see device with yellow question mark icon and an exclamation mark
7. Double click the icon and get to the wizard, then click install or reinstall (this may take some minutes, be patient)
8. Close and get back to sound, speech and audion devices, click it and then click the AUDIO section and scroll. unusual things like realtek AC'97 Audio(WAVE) or Vinyl AC'97Audio (WAVE) will be there, click it .
9. Bingooooooo!!!!!!! you solve the problem!!!!
From: Sir Cleo-computer wiz