My Dell Latitude D620 laptop wont turn on

Closed
Maya6126 Posts 1 Registration date Monday August 16, 2010 Status Member Last seen August 16, 2010 - Aug 16, 2010 at 09:50 PM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Aug 17, 2010 at 07:17 AM
Hello,

I was on my laptop the other day and I walked away from it for a bit and I came back to it and the screen was blank. I turned it off and then turned it back on but the screen wouldn't turn on. The power lights went on and the CD player light (on the right side of the laptop) flashed for a second and I could hear the fan running.

So it sounded and looked like my laptop was working, but the screen wasn't on.

I looked through the forums and I took out the battery and held down the power button for 60 seconds, put the power cable in, turned it on and off, but the battery back in and turned it on - that didn't work

I took the battery out, held down the power button for 30-60 seconds, but the battery back in and turned it on. -that didn't work either

I also put a flashlight up to the screen to see if it was a problem with the back light, but it was black.

I'm not technically "with it" very much and I'm kind of afraid to take my laptop apart too much.

I have no idea what else to do! Please help

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Aug 16, 2010 at 11:34 PM
Dear Maya,

Please consider getting through the provided instructions to get free of the trouble being experienced.

https://ccm.net/computing/hardware/1535-computer-boots-to-black-screen/

Yet if the matter does not get fixed, please confirm whether the battery or power supply unit is not faulty.

Thank you.