Setup linksys router to network

Closed
Jane - Dec 20, 2008 at 05:39 PM
dawooddoe Posts 404 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2010 - Jul 4, 2010 at 09:34 AM
Hello,
I had to reload the o/s onto my laptop, Dell Latitude d530, and when I did I lost my network connection. I am using a Linksys WRT54G V8 and am unable to get it to work. When I select this network it searches for it and displays "acquiring network address" and goes no farther. Then sometimes it will pop up at the bottom a message saying something about unable to find certiificate to connect to network. Can someone please help me in being able to get this set up. I have 2 PC's that are hooked up to the router with cables, not wireless, and they are working fine. I am using Comcast as my internet service. If you need any other information please let me know.
Related:

5 responses

My hard drive recently got wiped and i had to reinstall an o/s on it (vista 32 bit). my desktop recognizes the wireless router but the laptop wont. also i cant plug the cat-5 cable into the Ethernet port and connect either. i have reinstalled all the drivers as well. I NEED HELP!!!!!!!
helpout Posts 9 Registration date Wednesday November 12, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 18, 2009 30
Dec 21, 2008 at 01:21 AM
hi,
Since you have no problem when you are directly connected to the modem, i think you should try
cloning your computer's MAC address on the router.
what router installing in home and local connect plz tll me solution plz
IDK

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
dawooddoe Posts 404 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2010 109
Jul 4, 2010 at 09:34 AM
Some tips:

- Log on to wireless router management page, recheck the DHCP setting and make sure it's configured correctly.
- Make sure you have installed wireless adapter driver on laptop and it works well too.
- If this is XP laptop, install latest service pack and also latest patch, after that try again.
- If still need more helps, have a look on this wireless network troubleshooting tips article.

Hope this helps.