How to fix F1 error during Windows start-up?
Someone who is using Windows might frequently have a problem whereby the system asks them to press the F1 key to start Windows. This article will explain why this happens and how to fix the issue.
Why am I getting the F1 key issue during start-up?
If your computer keeps asking you to press the F1 key to start Windows, it may be asking you to press the "F1" key because it is having a hardware problem which should be checked, or you may need to adjust the settings in BIOS. It can also be an indication that you need to replace the CMOS battery.
How to disable the F1 key issue at Windows start-up?
Try this solution:
Go to your BIOS and load default settings. Also check the date and time in BIOS.
- If you don't have a floppy drive then disable the Floppy Mode option in BIOS.
- Look for the option "Halt On" and set it to "No Error".
- Save the settings and exit from BIOS.
- If the problem persists, change the CMOS battery --> Go to BIOS and load default settings --> Make sure to disable the floppy mode if you don't have a floppy drive --> Set the Primary boot device as "HDD" and save the settings and exit from BIOS.
any more questions about windows 10? check out our forum!
Around the same subject
- Press f1 to run setup
- Press f1 to continue
- How to remove f1 at startup in windows 10
- How to type @ on keyboard: Mac, Windows, laptop > Guide
- Fix disk boot failure: Windows XP, 7, 8, 10 > Guide
- How can I type @ on my Acer Laptop [solved] > Laptop Forum
- Can't Exit Aptio Ultility setup; Window won't load [solved] > Hard Drive & SSD Forum
- Press f1 to load cmos default value [solved] > Hardware Forum