Issue with my Dell Latitude laptop booting

Closed
Erica - Oct 5, 2010 at 08:41 PM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Oct 6, 2010 at 08:38 AM
Well, my laptop got knocked off the desk by accident and now it went from working just fine to not turning on at all. When I turn it on, the LED light comes on green like normal, the cd/dvd drive kicks as if to be trying to turn on, however the screen stays completely blank. Nothing pops up at all. Then, two quick beeps happen then never again unless I hit a button on the keyboard.

It is a Dell Latitude C510 / C610. Windows XP and I've had it for about 3 years now. I'm not sure how old the computer itself is because my mom bought it used then gave it to me once she bought herself an HP. Sooo.... Besides the obvious answer "Get a new Laptop." Is this issue fixable? Thanks to whoever can help me. It's much appreciated.

Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Oct 6, 2010 at 08:38 AM
Hello,

Try this 1.

Remove the RAM from the slot, clean it and place it back properly or try another

slot. Check you RAM also, even bad RAM will result in display problem.

Good Luck.