Random Shutdown

Closed
LapNoob - Feb 5, 2011 at 06:27 PM
 Evan - Feb 14, 2011 at 07:30 PM
Hello,

So I'm having a problem with my Gateway laptop. Within the last week, my laptop has been randomly shutting down on me while I'm playing World of Warcraft. However, it only shuts down when I have the power cable plugged into the laptop. When I'm not playing WOW, my laptop doesn't shut down at all. I can browse the web for hours with no problems. When I play WOW with my power cable plugged in, it takes about 5 - 10 mins before complete shutdown. I have cleaned the air vents/fans. I took the battery out and tried to clean as much as I could. Still nothing.

If anyone has any info regarding this issue, I would really appreciate your help. I have a Gateway laptop, model NV79 if that helps.

thanks

1 response

your laptop may not be built to handle wow because it appears to be overheating. the best thing you could do is get a cooling docking station for your laptop
I'm actually surprised someone responded to my post. I bought a docking cooling fan a few days ago, and ever since everything has been running smoothly.

Thanks again Patrick.