IPod won't sync because of unknown error

Closed
macey - Feb 9, 2011 at 03:48 PM
 ARM - Aug 1, 2011 at 02:19 PM
Hello,
I've had the iPod nano since Christmas of 2009, you know, when they just came out with the camera built in. So it was brand new when i got it. Since a week ago, on my iPod it says "connected", but on the itunes library sreen on my computer where i try to sync the iPod to put more songs on it, it just says "The iPod 'Nathaniel' cannot be synced. An unknown error occured." While it says this, my iPod is saying that it is syncronizing, but the new songs aren't put on the iPod. I really don't understand what the problem is. I have dial-up, but it's been working all this time with it, and it's worked just fine with out an update, since i've only had the same itunes for 1 full year... So is there anything else that i can do? Anything I've overlooked or haven't checked into? i just really want to avoid updating with the dial up. Please please PLEASE help me.

Thanks so much,

-MDC

1 response

zapzpter Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday February 9, 2011 Status Member Last seen February 9, 2011
Feb 9, 2011 at 04:05 PM
need to put new frimware on it find the latest one and try that
okie I'm not a computer smarty, so is it something you install? I'm sorry it might be a dumb question. I'm not really good with computers. Can you help me with that too?

Thanks,

MDC
So I just had the same problem. Connect your ipod to your computer. Then in iTunes click on your ipod. There will be a section call versions with 2 buttons: Update and Restore. Click the restore. This will restore the ipod to the original settings that it had when you bought it and then it will resync the music. This takes a while but it should work!
will the applications that were bought be deleted?
I have this problem too, but it won't restore the iPod, and when i sync it and try to add new things, i end up with 0 songs