All of my songs in iTunes are now gone

Closed
Accendo - Mar 26, 2011 at 07:34 PM
devola Posts 8 Registration date Tuesday April 12, 2011 Status Member Last seen April 12, 2011 - Apr 12, 2011 at 07:28 AM
Hello,
I keep all of my music files on a mybook external hard drive. For some reason, every time I restart my iMac the volume name for the mybook changes

for example: mybook (restart iMac) and it becomes mybook 1 and then mybook 2 and so on

iTunes actually seems to be the only application that notices and renames the default location. For everything else, I have to go in and update the #. When iTunes last upgraded, it asked me about updated the folder. I said yes and half of my songs disappeared . I didnt notice for a week because all of the new songs I was imported were there, but when I went to look at my playlist, all of my older songs are gone. Not the ! where I have to go relocate. They are gone.

I did a little reading on the net and tried multiple things as far as trying to get iTunes to reindex the iTunes music folder. I even deleted the xml file - oh yeah that's where all songs disappeared.

So, how can I get the songs in my iTunes folder indexed again by iTunes.

Thanks in advance,

Related:

1 response

devola Posts 8 Registration date Tuesday April 12, 2011 Status Member Last seen April 12, 2011
Apr 12, 2011 at 07:28 AM
Hello :)

i suggest iether doing a system restore to whenever your itunes program was all normal :)
otherwise go to your files/documents... look into your music files, go onto itunes, click on "previous itunes Libraries, in the folder should be a whole bunch or a few of ithunes music files, those should all be named: Itunes Library then a date.
click on the right file with the date before you did an upgrade.

this should do the trick.. Hope it helps :D