Itunes 8.0.2 and ATI graphics ERROR?????

Solved/Closed
faithmusic - Jan 29, 2009 at 08:31 AM
 faithmusic - Jan 30, 2009 at 06:28 PM
Hello, I'm having a problem downloading iTunes 8.0.2 into my pc laptop, but not my pc desktop. Everytime I reboot my laptop my screen looks stretched and everything is sluggish. Then automatically a Hardware installer window pops up for an ATI graphics telling me that it is ready to install, but I am not trying to install any hardware at all. iTunes does open and it does work, but my laptop is running really weird.

Any ideas about this situation I'm dealing with will be very helpful.

Thanks.
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 29, 2009 at 04:01 PM
Something (someone?) changed the video adapter driver and now you need to load the correct one. You need to select the best driver for your laptop and the best (native) resolution so that things work right. Check the laptop specs online to find the correct resolution and what ATI driver you need. you may have a good driver on the hard disk and can "roll back" to that driver.
Thank you for getting back to me and thanks for the info. I will try what you said and I will get back to you.
I already deleted itunes 8.o.2. Should I re-download it and then follow your instructions? Or should I follow your instructions before downloading 8.0.2 again?
I'll wait on your answer before I do anything.
Thanks.
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 29, 2009 at 08:34 PM
fix your screen problems first.
I don't have a screen problem right now because I already did a System Restore and got rid of itunes 8 yesterday.

Should I re-download itunes 8 first or install the new ati drivers?
I'm sorry for bothering you again. I was waiting to hear from you before downloading itunes again. But I'm going to try it and follow your instructions and if it's okay I'll let you know if it works or not.

Thanks.
Hey, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! Everything is working just fine! I just wanted to thank you for your help.

Have a blessed New Year!