Acer aspire one

Closed
christine - Mar 21, 2012 at 02:01 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Mar 21, 2012 at 05:18 PM
Hello Everyone,

Desperate for help - I have an Acer Aspire One and it keeps going to the .....We apoligize for the inconvienience etc................ Start windows normally, does the countdown, goes to screen that says windows xp then automatically goes back to ............. we apologize for the inconvienience etc... and it continually repeats this , i have tried using all the safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt and last know config that your recent settings worked nothing happens just keeps repeating this message. What do i do . There is no where i can put a recovery disk there is no where to put it on this machine. Please answere this someone. thanks Christine. I can get into F2 which is a set up utility (insydeH20) but what do i do when i in there - ?
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Mar 21, 2012 at 05:18 PM
With most laptop computers, you can restore the operating system back to factory settings by using a recovery disk. The Acer

Aspire One series of netbooks do not have an optical CD or DVD drive, so a recovery disc is not an option. Instead, the Aspire One

series includes a built-in partition on the hard drive that already has all of the recovery information. You can quickly restore your

Acer netbook back to its original condition by accessing the partition and running the recovery tool.

All you data will be lost if you do a factory restore without first backing up your data to a flash drive.

Instructions

1 Consider what data you still need from your Acer Aspire One's hard drive. Save the files to an external USB device.
2 Restart the Acer Aspire One's operating system. Wait for the Acer logo to appear on the LCD screen.
3 Press the "Alt-F10" keys at the same time to bring up the recovery menu. Press "Enter."
4 Click "Next." Follow the prompts that appear on the screen to restore the operating system back to factory settings.
5 Use the drop-down boxes to select the time zone and language information for your Acer Aspire One. Restart the

netbook when you are prompted to finish restoring the computer.
6 Connect the external USB device to your Acer Aspire One and transfer the data you saved earlier back to the netbook.

Tips & Warnings

It is possible to delete the hard drive partition that has the recovery tool. If your Acer Aspire One no longer has the recovery

partition, you will need to acquire an external USB DVD drive and then contact Acer for a recovery DVD. Connect the USB drive to

the netbook's USB port and then insert the recovery DVD in the drive.

Good Luck