Setting up wireless Network

Closed
Aliiak Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday February 4, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 5, 2009 - Feb 5, 2009 at 12:38 AM
melcoquille Posts 15 Registration date Saturday September 6, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 10, 2009 - Feb 5, 2009 at 01:59 AM
Hi-

I am having difficulty setting up a wireless internet network in my flat. I'll try and lay out the problems I have encountered whilst trying catergorically so as I don't repeat anything

Computers
-A grounded PC, which the internet currently is accessable through.
-Two Laptops with wireless options or capabilities.

Routers
-Motorola, hooked up to the grounded PC and providing internet. Has one ethernet port (?).
-A D-Link DSL-G604T ADSL Modem Router, which is apprantley wireless. Has multiple ethernet ports (?).

What I can do
-Connect to the internet via the grounded computer and Motorola router.
-When connected the Motorola router, through the D-LINK, and then to the computer have gained access to the D-LINK 'site' (offline set-up site accessed with an IP provided in the instructions by D-LINK), and gone through that process though internet will remain offline, though says it is connected. Yet when I put in the IP, DSN etc provided by my ISP I can access the internet but not the D-LINK site.

Other bits
-We do not get the internet through a Phoneline, and this seems to be the biggest problem when trying to make it wireless.

Problem
-When I follow the setup as per the cd provided with the D-LINK router it will go no further as it demands I connect the ADSL wire to the Phoneline which I have tried- (we have a phone line jack, just no actual phone provider) it still does not recongize (probaly because it isn't connected).
-Have tried going around this set-up process but to no avail. So if anyone can suggest a way to set up this router without using a phoneline or any ideas really, please help.

And thankyou in advance for any time and thought put into coming up with a solution
-Aliiak

1 response

melcoquille Posts 15 Registration date Saturday September 6, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 10, 2009 6
Feb 5, 2009 at 01:59 AM
hi,
try this link to get help from Microsoft company:
www.microsoft.com/athome/moredone/wirelesssetup.mspx
hope it will be helpful to you.