Configuring linux mint

Closed
charleswuld - May 22, 2012 at 02:58 AM
Bionik Posts 4234 Registration date Thursday August 19, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen August 3, 2016 - Jun 12, 2012 at 04:33 AM
Hello guys,
i have recently installed a linux mint os which brought alot of issues when installing which forced me to actually format my machine before installing it since it kept telling me that it cant install since the disk is in the wrong format so after formating and installing now i want to install windows(windows 7) so that i can have both linux and windows its refusing to install windows. so far i have tried to install windows both windows 7 and xp. so what do i do to be able to install windows or how do i configur linux so that it accepts to run windows. my laptop is a toshiba settelite L455-55975. PLEASE HELP
Related:

1 response

Bionik Posts 4234 Registration date Thursday August 19, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen August 3, 2016
Jun 12, 2012 at 04:33 AM
Hello,

Have you enough space disk to install Windows 7?

You might know all Linux OS use a different file system called etx or etx4.

So if you use all your disk for Linux Mint, it is impossible to re-install Windows 7.

And if you want to do a dual boot (Windows - Linux Mint), you must format and partition your disk then install windows 7 in a partition first and linux mint after.

Regards!