How to put a password on my memory stick?

Solved/Closed
francoistexas Posts 72 Registration date Saturday October 28, 2006 Status Member Last seen July 27, 2008 - Updated on Jan 9, 2019 at 01:24 PM
 d7tdiugougi6r - Apr 16, 2019 at 04:46 AM
Hello,

I am looking for a way to protect my flash disk with a password. In case I lose my flash disk, and somebody else gets access to it, should not be able to access the content and files.

I really want to protect my flash disk but I don't know how? Need your help.
System Configuration: Windows XP Firefox 2.0.0.14
Related:

14 responses

Hey,

If you have a Windows 7 (if u don't install it). Right click on your memory card or stick in My Computer. You should see your memory stick. Do right click and then click turn bitlocker on simple as.
thank you Bo
d7tdiugougi6r
Apr 16, 2019 at 04:46 AM
thanks bo
You might try TrueCrypt
Put your stuff in a folder right click then send to zip (compressed) folder open it right click then add password
No : To protect a zip file with a password is not safe. there is a lot of tools to retrieve the password of a zip file.
Caleb > Peter
Mar 8, 2009 at 06:50 AM
Peter: An encrypted ZIP file is only vulnerable to those tools if you choose a short password. Use a password containing more than 7 characters, use numbers and upper and lower case letters plus the #{}!~ (etc) characters and you're usually good to go - unless someone is prepared to spend several months of runtime to see your files.
Use 10 characters and they're usually looking at decades to get in, even with cutting edge processors.
peter > Caleb
Jul 31, 2009 at 02:09 PM
look at this :

http://english.ircfast2.com/lv/group/view/kl34042/Ultimate_ZIP_Cracker.htm
Peter > Peter
Jul 31, 2009 at 02:24 PM
And this :

http://english.ircfast2.com/lv/group/view/kl33907/Advanced_RAR_Password_Recovery.htm
Peter, you don't know what you're talking about. Do some research before posting links.

Those would take decades to find a password like Awesome39123
Mukiduk Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday March 30, 2010 Status Member Last seen March 30, 2010 2
Mar 30, 2010 at 01:11 PM
is there a free program to password protect a folder on a flash drive

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
This should help

http://www.secureaction.com/master-voyager/

As I understand you install a small file on your usb flash drive and assign a password to it. You can still use the flash drive in every computer and no program is needed to install on the computer. It just asks you to enter your password when you try to open the drive.
Hello,
am looking for a way to protect my flash disk with a password, in case I lose my flsh disk , then somebody happen to find it, woon't get an access in to my files ,, I realy want to protect my flash disk but I dont know how,? need ya help
you can put all your files in a zip folder and place a pass word on that by going in to the folder and going to file then click add password its easy.
I don't have an "add password" option. Do you have this within MS Explorer? within WinZip? If not, what software gives you the add password option?

Thanks.
hunter > Ronnie
Feb 3, 2009 at 02:20 PM
hi,i need a program to put password on the usb or external hard disk so no one can open the usb or the external hard disk without putting a password so how can I ,waiting for your reply and thanks in advance :)
hi.. you know, I have being reading in all sort of pages, and I found the same answer in here. I wanted to secure my personal files. But when I type in a password, and then I close the files and reopen it again it dose not ask me for a pass to open it... so if you or anyone could help me, pls
it happens to me
Anonymous User
May 9, 2008 at 03:21 PM
You can't make a password for your flash disk, but you can encrypt your data with a program like truecrypt, but your data are no longer accessible only on a PC with that program installed on.

zboot
Dear
You can put password by downloading a software called free file hide from www.cleanersoft.com n then you put passpord. Put your all files or folders in it. Nobody can get in to it without a password.
Regards
there is a software called U3 which can be downloaded or if you but SanDisk Cruzer memory stick, it has one, then you can enable the security password. Basicaly it make a autorun program as soon as you enter the memory.
i have an old mp3 player but, I use it as a memory stick. I dont want anyone looking at my personal files....does anyone know how to set a password for it?
Dr.James Posts 2 Registration date Saturday May 24, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 24, 2008
May 24, 2008 at 07:44 PM
hello ,

you can put a password. Just look for the company name and go the website.download every program relating to your memory stick . One of them contains to protect it!

Sincerly,
Dr.James
Dear Dr. James...........Not all usb pen drives are branded...........so website is out of question
You can allways use winrar, and encrypt your files there.
ScottishSurvivor on youtube
Apr 11, 2010 at 10:19 PM
There is a Flash Drive pen I bought today. Its called a Maxell Venture. That has password encryption on the pen.