Frame randomizer

Closed
steveh Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday January 23, 2013 Status Member Last seen January 24, 2013 - Jan 24, 2013 at 05:00 AM
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 - Jan 26, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Can someone help me in this. On the spectrum of developers and designers I am more on the end of the designer, therefore I humbly ask for your assistance. (I am not completely inept, only partially so.) :) Thank you in advance for your help.

I have a frames page in which I would like context to appear randomly. When a viewer comes to the page book #2 might be featured. Then the viewer refreshes the page and book #5 might be featured.

I have found code to make things come up randomly from a button push, but how can that be done in a frame-set webpage? If I put a randomizer button on the page it misses the point. I need it to show a content frame randomly when the frame-set page first comes up.

Does this solution even exist? Would any of you be so gracious to help me here? I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
Related:

1 response

rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Jan 26, 2013 at 10:49 AM
I am guessing you are talking about a web page. You can try firing the button functionality from OnLoad of body

see this
http://www.w3schools.com/jsref/event_body_onload.asp