Steam is a PC games platform that allows you to connect to your favorite titles via the Cloud. While playing a game on Steam, you can display the FPS (frames per second) counter. This article will show you how to add the Steam FPS counter.
How to add the Steam FPS overlay?
If you find that the Steam FPS counter is not showing up, follow these steps:
To display the FPS (frames per second) counter when playing games on Steam, click Steam Menu > Settings:
Go to the In-Game section, and click In-Game FPS counter. While there, select where you want it to be displayed on your screen:
NB: You can also choose to display the FPS counter in High contrast color:
Is the Steam FPS counter accurate?
Yes, the Steam FPS counter is accurate, however it doesn't update quick enough to show any subtle frame rate drops. It is a simple FPS counter that works, although you may find that it doesn't work on all games.
Any more gaming questions? Check out our forum!
- Steam show fps
- Steam fps overlay
- Fps counter steam
- Enable the FPS counter on Google Chrome > Guide
- CS GO speed command: show, console > Guide
- Counter strike 1.6 cheats > Guide
- Steam download unblocked > Download
- Steam login history > Guide
- Stronghold Crusader cheats: unlimited money, codes
- How to stop Steam from signing into friends automatically
- Check if your computer is compatible with a game
- How to enable push to talk in Steam
- Steam privacy settings: 2021
- The best Fortnite codes and maps in creative mode
- How to disable comments on Steam profile?
- How to stop Steam from opening on startup: Windows, macOS
- How to configure the taskbar in Steam
- How to change the language in Steam