Computer screen turning off and on

Closed
yosiyos Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday May 7, 2013 Status Member Last seen May 7, 2013 - May 7, 2013 at 05:04 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - May 7, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Hello,

hey during the last day im experincing a problem with my computer.
my screen keeps on going of for like a sec and then turns on again if you could help me oslve it please do ive already tried installing drivers.
my display device is ATI Radeon HD 4870
thanks for ur help.

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
May 7, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Hi yosiyos,

Please try the below mentioned steps and reply with the results:

1. Try to connect the monitor to On-board Video (if any) instead of Video Card and see if the problem exists. If the problem does not occur with the On-board Video then the issue is probably with the Graphics Card. If the issue occurs with the On-board Video, follow the next steps.
2. Try using different monitor cables. First try changing the Power Cable for the monitor, if the issue remains then try changing the Data Cable (if Data Cable is detachable).
3. If the problem still exists, try using this monitor with a different computer and see if the problem occurs.
4. If the problem exists after performing steps 2 and 3, the issue might be with the monitor itself.

Please do write back to us.