If you are not a fan of Snapchat's wake screen feature, then you should know that disabling it is possible. Let's see how!
What is the wake screen feature?
By default, Snapchat uses a Wake Screen feature that illuminates your smartphone as soon as a notification hits your phone. Unfortunately, this feature can contribute to battery drain, as it leaves your screen illuminated for a few seconds at a time. However, once this feature is disabled, any Snapchat notification will be shown upon manually waking your device's screen.
How to prevent Snapchat from waking your phone?
Launch the Snapchat for Android / for iPhone app, and go to the Settings menu. From there, scroll to the Advanced section, and tap Notifications Settings. Next, you will need to uncheck the Wake Screen option. Once this is done, your new settings will take effect immediately.
- Snapchat wake screen
- How to stop snapchat from turning on screen
- Wake screen snapchat
- Wake screen on wrist raise not working > Guide
- Calling features on Snapchat: video and voice calls > Guide
- How to change Snapchat camera orientation > Guide
- Windows Phone 8 - Wake up your smartphone by double tapping on your screen
- Turn off Snapchat notifications: iPhone and Android > Guide
- Change emoji and number of best friends on Snapchat 2022
- How to fix blurry Snapchat videos
- Snapchat front flash not working: Android and iPhone
- Create Snapchat account: with email, with phone number
- Set the default video quality on Snapchat: iPhone & Android
- Snapchat dark mode: Android, iPhone, APK
- Add Snapchat effects to photos and videos
- How to reply to snap story
- Take pictures with the black and white Snapchat filter
- Create a custom story on Snapchat
- How to replay a Snapchat story
- Delete Snapchat account permanently 2022
- Forgotten Snapchat password and email: recover your account
- Delete a Snapchat message: before opened, conversations
- Snapchat editing tools: tricks and tips