Can't access any websites in all browsers - after virus removed

Solved/Closed
Budbud225 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday May 28, 2013 Status Member Last seen May 28, 2013 - May 28, 2013 at 07:06 AM
 stormshadowling - Dec 1, 2015 at 12:00 AM
Hello,

My Internet has been working fine on all my browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer) on my Windows 7 computer until today. But after trying to remove delta-search from my browsers, I can't access any websites on any browsers. I'm having to write this from an iPad as my computer's browsers are not functional anymore, and so it's impossible to browse the Internet from there.

I was trying to remove delta-search from my computer, and followed this walkthrough to remove it: http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-delta-search/
I don't know much about computers, and so I found it really simple to go through.

Delta-search successfully stopped appearing in my new tabs in Firefox somewhere after Step 3 on the walkthrough (running AdwCleaner) and Step 5 (the first scan of HitmanPro). That's when I was using Firefox for a short period of time, and so noticed that delta-search wasn't appearing in new tabs - Firefox was still functional at this point. Malwarebytes (Step 4) couldn't have caused the problem as it didn't find anything in the scan.

I ran a default scan of HitmanPro three times, one after the other - just to be on the safe side. It removed a large number of cookies from Firefox and Chrome and "traces" firstly, and quarantined four items in mu Downloads folder. On the second scan, I noticed that delta-search was found with a little grey shield icon next to it - though the program did not automatically suggest deleting it - I had to choose that option manually. Along with delta-search, there were two similar potentially unwanted program's with the title Claro. I chose to remove these too.

The last scan did not find anything else. I then went on Firefox and found that no matter what website I would try to access, the error Server not found would appear. A similar issue happened on all three browsers on my computer.

The locations of the items I chose to delete within HitmanPro were:
C:\Users\Bethany\Appdata\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\eooncjejnppfjjklapaamhcdmjbilmde\ (Delta Search) -> Deleted

HKU\S-1-5-21-3025427602-3857726500-444173145-1000\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Approved Extensions\{4D2D3B0F-69BE-477A-90F5-FDDB05357975} (Claro) -> Deleted

HKU\S-1-5-21-3025427602-3857726500-444173145-1000\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Approved Extensions\{98889811-442D-49DD-99D7-DC866BE87DBC} (Claro) -> Deleted

I think that removing something with HitmanPro must be the cause of this issue - I can't think of anything else, seeing as I'm sure my browsers worked fine before running scans with the HitmanPro program.

Thanks in advance for anyone who comments and can help figure out the solution!

Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
May 28, 2013 at 08:10 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

1) Click on below hyperlink "Fix" and download the file

Fix

Double-click on it and follow the onscreen instructions.

Now check if you are able to browse.

2) If the problem still exists then

For Internet Explorer :

Right click on the "Internet Explorer" icon --> Click on "Properties" --> Click on

"Connections" tab --> Click on "LAN settings" button. In that window uncheck all

the options, if you notice any option selected.

For Firefox :

In Firefox, Click on Tools --> Options --> Advanced --> Network --> Settings -->

Select "No proxy" option and click on OK.

Now check if you are able to browse.

3) If the problem still exists then

Click on Start --> In search bar, type cmd and press Enter.

"Command Prompt" will be opened. Now enter the below command.

ping www.google.com ---> Press Enter.

Good Luck
Big thank you :)
Thx a lot
Thannxxxxxx maannn
GrantH Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday November 19, 2014 Status Member Last seen November 19, 2014
Nov 19, 2014 at 12:01 PM
That worked great, thank you! I really appreciate the time you took to solve and post this.
thanks, man..much appreciated...