My mother in law's toshiba sattelite laptop trying to reformat

Solved/Closed
jbo75 Posts 1 Registration date Friday November 8, 2013 Status Member Last seen November 8, 2013 - Nov 8, 2013 at 06:51 PM
 jbo75 - Nov 9, 2013 at 07:58 PM
used power button hold for 5-10s with 0 key get to choice 32bit or 64bit click out of the box but after awhile it then asks for recovery disc anyone have a solution I have a os recovery disc but not a Toshiba but same windows home premium but it wont let me run from disc any suggestions?
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 9, 2013 at 01:06 PM
Depending on the model your laptop may contain the recovery information on a hidden partition in the hard drive. The Toshiba support site might be a good place to start.

This problem might be caused by a damaged hard disk that will need to be replaced.

Good Luck
yes it does if you read my befuddled notes(apologies)this model has recovery partition but the drive was corrupted and is failing but the answer to my problem was entering bios and changing boot from disc and then run my recovery discs to repair drive thank you for your effort though