Data comparison

Closed
Foresterdon Posts 5 Registration date Thursday February 27, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 27, 2014 - Feb 27, 2014 at 07:50 PM
 Blocked Profile - Feb 28, 2014 at 09:05 AM
Hello All,

I am a newbie to this forum so please excuse me if I do not get this question phrased in the proper form or degree of politeness and decorum!

Here is my question.

I have a database compiled in my office of current students in a college program for a particular semester AND a database from administration with the same information in the first 3 columns.
I need a way to compare the two and have the like information from the Administrations database appear in the in-house database in the same row beginning adjacent to the existing row of information.
Can that be done with formulas or do i need vba? Either way i can do it if i know where to start.
Comparison is easy, the alignment of like data on the same row is where i am baffled.

If anyone can help with this question your assistance would be most graciously welcomed .

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Feb 27, 2014 at 09:09 PM
Ok, so you copy and pasted the last time you asked, but we'll give ya persistance.

VBA is not going to hook into a database with any ease.

With what part of the business process are you stuck?

Not all things can be solved with a single process. It may take several steps to get to a final product. It is really a question of: Can you be disciplined enough to follow the process step by step every single time? IF so; your products are bullet proof, your deadlines are landmarked, and you have cookie cut a process.

Have FUN!
Foresterdon Posts 5 Registration date Thursday February 27, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 27, 2014
Feb 27, 2014 at 09:46 PM
Wow, yes I copied and pasted the actual question but prefaced it and ended it with the most gracious and thankful words that seem very appropriate for any forum. Maybe I am a fool but if this is not grateful nor thankful enough for you then; I do not desire to continue as a member of your Elite Forum! I do certainly have other options and will pursue those with vigor!

Thanks for your "high-minded" help or should I say lack thereof!
Foresterdon Posts 5 Registration date Thursday February 27, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 27, 2014
Feb 27, 2014 at 09:49 PM
God only knowswhat you are looking for! I have read other questions and see little difference in their wording and mine! Good riddance!
Blocked Profile
Feb 28, 2014 at 09:05 AM
Dear member. if you hadn't noticed, I answered your question. I wasn't even on a high horse when I did it. I just thought IT WAS TOTALLY FUNNY!

HAVE FUN!