Download your TikTok videos after the ban in India
In 2020, the Indian government blocked the Tiktok app to preserve "data sovereignty." However, it is still possible to download your data from the TikTok app even if it is banned in your country. Read on to discover how to do it.
Since you can no longer find TikTok in the Google Play Store or Apple Store in India if you haven’t already deleted the app, you are still able to collect your videos from it to have a backup should the app will stop working on your device.
How to download your TikTok data manually?
- Open your TikTok app and go to your profile.
- Open the video you’d like to save and tap on the three-dots icon next to it.
- Select Save video to download a copy of your video to your device.
Please, note, that this method will leave the TikTok watermark on your video. Check this article to learn how to download your TikTok videos without a watermark.
How to request your data from TikTok?
The other way to collect your videos from TikTok after it’s been banned in your country is to send a request to the app itself and ask for your data. To do so, follow these steps:
- Open TikTok app and tap on the three-dots icon at the top right.
- Select Privacy and Safety > Personalisation and Data.
- Click on Download Your Data.
- Choose Request Data File.
After this, the request will proceed. It might take up to 30 days, so be patient. When the folder with your videos is ready, you will have only 4 days to download it. Go to the Download Data tab and tap on Download next to the requested folder.