Dell N5110 showing red icon on battery saying consider replacing

Closed
Perspective - May 22, 2015 at 03:11 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - May 22, 2015 at 04:39 PM
Hello,
My Dell inspiron N5110 laptop all of a sudden started to show red cross icon on battery saying consider replacing your battery. Now it is holding charge and giving me back up as well. But the icon persists. Please would anyone tell me can i use it further or replacing is must? I am fine with the back up that it is giving now. Solutions please?

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
May 22, 2015 at 04:39 PM
Consider Replacing your battery.
Many of who are using laptops/notebooks or netbooks running on Windows 7 may experience this problem. Why is that? What does it mean? Is it fault of Windows 7 ?

So, why this is happening? Every new battery obviously have a 100% of original capacity. However with time as we use the battery for sometime the original capacity is starting to decrease, and even if you charge it to full, it won't be able to hold that long as it used to when it was new.
When the battery is only able to hold no more than 40% then Windows 7 will notify you of that problem by flashing red "X" on your battery icon in the conner of you screen.

This function was not available in previous versions of windows. It's new, and very useful as it prevent you from being surprised every time when you computer shut down when you unplug the power supply. This can also help you to save money on the computer repairs. Why? Many people who were using the previous versions of windows that doesn't have that function used to go to the computer service and report that their laptop shuts down every time they disconnect it from the power supply. The service will obviously solve the problem by replacing the battery, but the batteries they have are usually more expensive and they can charge some fee for replenishment which will take 1 min. So, thanks to that function of windows 7 you can save money on unnecessary expenses by buying the battery cheaper and fitting it yourself.

Even the rechargeable batteries need replacement some day!
Replace your one today!