Sata drivers

Closed
thatguy - Mar 28, 2009 at 08:27 AM
 Netix - Apr 9, 2010 at 09:54 AM
Hello, I'm having a similar problem with an Acer ASE 700 ED630M desktop. It was working fine and then, DISK BOOT FAILURE. Port 00 no device detected. The system uses a Phoenix-Award Bios Cmos Set up Utility. Under which heading to go to in order to configure the ACHI to ATA? I think I've been through all of them and can't find it. I've tried to reload windows and tried another hard drive, still a no go. Thanks in advance! I got the info from Soma's post here:

Soma, on Sunday January 11, 2009 01:48:59 AM

If you want simple solution follow the steps
Step 1: Start Your PC.
Hit F2 at startup then you will be led to BIOS, in BIOS Setup, change SATA mode from AHCI to ATA and Save and Exit.
Step 2: Insert XP CD in CD/DVD Drive
While booting hit F12 and choose Boot from CD/DVD drive. Then follow the usual procedure to install XP.
Note : It should work for any laptop/pc. I did this for "Dell Inspiron 1525" Laptop
Related:

2 responses

covered in dust? Wow. You need to stop giving IT advice.

Disk Boot Failure simply means the motherboard is unable to find a drive to boot from. Could be caused by a bad drive, bad cable, bad motherboard, lots of things but DUST not ranking very high on that list.

Go into your BIOS on boot-up and check to see that your hard drives are being detected. That would be the first step.
akhenaton45 Posts 9 Registration date Thursday January 1, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 3, 2009 2
Mar 29, 2009 at 02:32 AM
hi,
DISK BOOT FAILURE usually occur when the motherboard is covered with dust.
remove the hard disk cable and clean the connector.
you may try to replace the cable to see if it helps.